Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What a night/day! Welcome February 1st!

                     I am not used to this weather. I was raised in South Carolina (some cold/sleet/ice/snow) and Florida (maybe in the 30's). We have had some cold temperature this winter season but nothing like last night and today. We are living in Oklahoma City right now and wow! We are in single digits and starting to get into below zero the next few nights. All started yesterday with light freezing rain and some snow. Within 24 hours we have had almost a foot of snow and snow drifts of 3-4' maybe higher in some places. Wind chills have reached -10 and will be continuing the next few days. We are cold so everyone has bundled up with sweaters, long pants and socks. Even hubby had a sweater on! My muscles on my right side have been really tense and cramping. Makes walking and daily activities more challenging.
                     I have my hot chocolate in a mug with patchwork paint like a quilt and wanted to share a few photos that I took earlier today. Nothing special as I took from my phone.


 This is a view shot from our kitchen. Lovely snow! Someone actually left a few spots over, getting stuck several times. Hope they are safe as it was still snowing and blizzard winds.

I was sitting at the dining room table when I took this one. Misty, our cutey calico cat, was sitting behind the rocker watching the snow. This is our porch/balcony that has a snow drift pile. All our screens have snow in them, fun, fun! You can feel the coldness coming through the windows. Hubby put some towels around to try and buffer some of the cold.
While my daughter was doing her homework, I did some reading of God's word in Jeremiah. I started the second half this week and needed to go over Chapter 24. All about the parable of Good Figs and Bad Figs. King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon had invaded and captured many of the people in Jerusalem. These people were the Good Figs. Anyone left in Jerusalem and Judah were the Bad Figs. God planned this for His people. He saved some to bring them back later, to build up, to plant, to give them a heart to know Him. (Jer. 24:5-7) How amazing, that God saved some from Jerusalem to return to Him! The people during this time were not good, they didn't deserve His love. He still saved them for a plan and a purpose. Now for the Bad Figs, the ones that He did not allow to be captive, they will not be saved as they were so bad. Vs. 8. They had turned their back, not even attempting to worship Him. Look what is to come of them: "I will deliver them to trouble into all the kingdoms of the earth, for their harm, to be a reproach and a byword, a taunt and a curse, in all places where I shall drive them. 10 And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence among them, till they are consumed from the land that I gave to them and their fathers.’” Jer. (24:9-10) If this can happen then, if God can do this destruction then.. I'm sure He can do the same to anyone! Sword, fighting, war, famine, drought, lack of food, pestilence, disease, sickness...
Where do you think you would have been placed if this happened today? Would you have been a part of the Bad Figs that were completely or almost all the way turned against God? or would you be a Good Fig, one that worshiped God but still needed to grow and deal with issues? That's where I would want to be.
 
I'm not going to go into details about all that has happened during this time but if you want to know more about this time and the prophet Jeremiah, read this book in the bible, Jeremiah. 2 Kings 22-25 also shares the history around the time of Jeremiah. If you have any questions and do not wish to post a comment, you may e-mail me at sbatterton@gmail.com and I will try to answer or help you in any way I can. Thanks for reading!

No comments: