Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Doctor update 2

First off, please pray for my dad, who is going through recovery from back surgery. Pray that whatever infections and issues are handled quickly. Thanks!

I went to my neurologist to get a follow-up on two MRIs and blood work.
The good news- no blood disorders and nothing that stands out. Everything looks great on paper when it comes to the blood work. My carotid artery looks good and no issues seem to be present.

It's been almost three years since my last MRI which showed my main stroke damaged area and one spot in another area. This is the part that has been hard to take. I've had nine more small strokes sometime in the last three years. I had no idea as there is no physical change that we can tell. I'm still having other issues so it might be that my brain tries to re-write the connections and I have an episode that I cannot see so the connection is not form. However, as much as I can speculate, I will not.

So still no explanation except that I must watch my blood pressure and loose weight. Perhaps another opinion is best so going to speak with my primary care about the findings.

I admit I'm saddened and it's scarey. I'm young, 38, but whatever is going on, God knows. Please pray for me and my family, my husband and daughter. Thanks!


3 comments:

child of God said...

Hi Sara,
I'm praying for you, your family and your dad.
Of course you are scared! Just every time you are scared give it to Jesus, look to Him, He will help you through this.

Praying for you hon,
<><

J.L. Murphey said...

You are all in my prayers and on others prayer lists.

Linda said...

Sara .. sorry so long since I checked in on your blog!

I hope by now your dad is doing well again. That is really tough news about the MRI. How is your blood pressure doing now? I need to work on loosing weight too. We can both do it!
My prayers are with you and your family always