Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh no! Watch Out!

Have you ever had a thought...I will write that in the morning. Then morning comes and you can't remember what the words were that went through your head the night before.

That's me ... a lot lately. Usually right before I go to sleep or while getting settled for the night. I start having words and ideas of a post. Sometimes I just want to turn the computer back on and write. Not having your right hand functioning as it did can bring frustration, cannot just pick up a pen and write SO I want to remember - Your phone has a notepad! Texting or writing notes text on th iPhone can be challenging when it is a long note so I will do shorthand. *chuckles* I really want to remember what is given to me so this I will do when not near a computer.

The "Well" lady - a little funny - needed when frustrated

Me: blah blah something "Well," blah blah
Hubby: Don't take Timmy's Well.
Me: Sorry, I say that a good bit.
Hubby: You didn't say "that" you said "well".

For some odd reason we just start laughing. My husband is good at getting me to take my mind off things especially at the end of a frustrated day.
Laughter is good but God is even better. Night time is a great time to end the day with thanksgiving to Him. All day, from start to finish. Start the day with praise, not worry, good thoughts, not dreading the day. Ending the day with thanks. During the day, on breaks, mealtime, in car, however!
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7 NKJV

What a great peace He gives us especially in our time of need. A few months ago when I started to reflect on my stroke, I realized more on how the Lord saved me during that time. The night of my stroke many family and friends prayed for me. Still not really understanding how or why, but my heart and mind was guarded when I had no control. I had suffered a stroke, affecting my brain yet protected, no damage to my actual thinking process, still had my memory and lucky no issue with my heart even if my blood pressure was high. God's peace!

We have a blizzard coming up or what some had said "blizzard like conditions", starting this afternoon and into tomorrow. It's our first big storm this season out in Oklahoma. My prayer is for the people. That they stay warm somewhere! In some parts looks like 8-12" of snow but other parts are going to have much more. Safety, warmth (as we get to -10 to -20 wind chill the next 48-72 hours), food and supplies are a concern. Thanking God for Him!

Have a blessed day!!

No comments: