Thursday, August 25, 2011

All kinds of Weather

Hi all. I hope I find you all doing well in whatever season you are in right now. Weather is a strong topic in my house especially with my dad around. We talk about the weather almost all day with updates from him while he is out and about the town. I've learned so much over the years that his fascination with the weather has rubbed off on me. brb (be right back)
Ok, my alarm was going off in the bedroom. I was up almost 2 hours earlier then my alarm. All the talk about the hurricane Irene and getting daughter off to school, I forgot to turn alarm off when I got up. I was almost confused about what time it was when the weather channel showed a live shot of Miami, Florida. At 10 AM Eastern cars had to have their lights on and it looked like it should be night time. They are experiencing the outer bands of wind and rain. Still rocky weather.

Please pray with me for the East Coast, the islands and anyone else affected by the weather issues.

This week we have had earthquakes, Southern Colorado, Virginia (felt all up and down the East Coast) and even here in Oklahoma City. Small tremor and very brief but I felt it and was confirmed a few hours later when reading. We also are into day 54 of 100+ temperatures, yesterday 109 High yikes!!
Not only the outside weather, we all have our own weather brewing inside. I came down with a cold and still battling it but so much better than last week. Sometimes I "feel" like I'm in a tornado, everything spinning fast, tightly, creating disaster in the path and then a calm, peaceful breeze even if physically not recovered. Love God's peace and shelter! Other times, like a hurricane, with waves of turbulence. Calmness, rain and wind, calm light rain, heavy rain and stronger wind, calm - continues until you get closer to the center of the storm strong wind, tornadoes, heavy rain and then nothing right in the center eye. But to come out, you have to go through the same but instead of increasing, decreasing.

My husband and I are going through a hurricane season, waves of dealing with outside circumstances and sometimes rocky patches at home. Please pray for us, especially my husband. We are close to the center of our storm. Even if many more months left, the next few weeks are crucial. Please forgive me if I am vague and not around. I am needing time away to spend in prayer and with my family.

Seasons and all kinds of weather - Praying for you all and the season you are in now. May God's peace and light shine through and surround you.

“Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.”

"Trust in Him at all times, you people;
         Pour out your heart before Him;
         God is a refuge for us.  Selah"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you in this time. There is an answer out there. Love you, Mom

child of God said...

Hi Sara,
I have been praying for the east coast. Crazy times we are living in.
I also have been praying for you many times a day, hand in there girl you know Jesus is with you.

Blessings,
<><

Miss Hillbilly said...

One can certainly be vague and still ask for prayer. I will be praying for all of you.

Rebecca said...

Praying for you that God will be your strength and refuge.