Sunday, August 11, 2013

Spending Time Part 2

We have been spending time with our daughter the past few weeks before school starts back up next week. She wanted me to share what we have done as a family. We've watched movies and played different games. I haven't felt well (pain when walking/not much energy) and so we haven't gone many places but even still we make the most of our time together. Her and I have worked on chores during the day as best we can, teaching her about kitchen and laundry. A few days we had Grandma helping with us and that's always an adventure.

One of the fun times that we laugh together about and enjoy is Minecraft. We have a private server that we can play together and do lots of creating. It's about using whatever we can find from the block materials to make essential tools, building blocks to very complex objects.  Minecraft also gives me a chance to work on moving my right hand on the mouse and pressing the shift button. My right hand doesn't always want to do what I want it to do. I cannot feel definite objects so I have to watch what I'm doing with my right side. I'm getting better even if slow.

Here are some of our creations along with our characters:

Daughter's character outside our home base


Living Room/Dining area

Our Characters with our horses, sheep and cows

We enjoy what we can during this busy season. While I wish we could be out enjoying being with others, we have a great time together at home.

I hope you had a great weekend and all is well. If you have any prayer requests, send me an e-mail or comment. May the Lord bless you this coming week.


2 comments:

J.L. Murphey said...

While getting out and about are great, it's these together times that create memories and stories later on.

I wish I could do that with my right hand. The best I can do is rough motions with my shoulder and elbow.

child of God said...

Good quality time is so important, your daughter will cherish these moments all the days of her life. I remember the quality times I had with my parents, those always stand out the most.

Praying for you Sara.
<><