Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1st

I hope you all are doing well and looking forward. We have finally moved and getting settled in our new place. Moving has been the most challenging event for me since my stroke. The frustrations and anxiety increased over the weeks of packing, making decisions and the move itself. However, God is so faithful and having reminders along the way helped me endure all that we had to do. The trip itself was long 4 days of traveling from Oklahoma to Florida. Our truck was fully packed so we had to watch the roads carefully. Thankfully nothing major happened and we arrived just in time to have friends help us unload the truck, within 15 minutes of us stopping at new home.

Half way into our trip there was a big white cross lit up on a hill near the interstate in between Mississippi and Alabama. I wish I had pictures but it was a great reminder of Jesus and all God has done for us. Yes we were tired and ready to rest but we kept on another 2 hours before stopping.

Many of you know that I had a stroke and still recovering. This trip gave me a glimpse of what I can do and has helped me greatly. I had to get in and out of the truck at stops relying on my right side more, grabbing the handle and pulling myself up, walking more and trying all I could. There are firsts for me - a trip, bath in a tub without much assistance oh was wonderful! but scary and my knees hurt when trying to get up, having the energy to go places (hope this continues) and now living in a 1 story place, walking around Target to get what we need for new place (can do about 20-30 minutes). I still have to be careful while trying to do things as I have balance issues along with limited feeling on right side but wow what a week!

More later. Have a great day! God bless!



3 comments:

child of God said...

Hi Sara,
It is so nice to see you back! I have missed you. :)
I am glad to hear that the move and your drive went along just fine. Yes, challenges, but that's good as it pushes us beyond what we think we can do.

Enjoy the warmth of Florida and the joy of making new friends.

Praying for you girl.
<><

Pia said...

hi sara!

i'm so glad to see you back posting again. glad also that you've finally settled in your new house. i hope that you get well to full recovery soon.

God bless you, sara! (((hugs)))

Miss Hillbilly said...

Big changes are a good thing.Sounds like you are moving around more and more all of the time.