Monday, October 31, 2011

Small Update

Hi everyone. I hope you all are well. There really isn't much to write but I wanted to give an update.
We are doing ok - still waiting and talking about the options that we have and some plans in multiple ways. Either way we are waiting on decisions that others have for our future, my husbands career in the military. He passed his PT test with a 94 and did the walk/run 1 mile in 10 1/2 minutes. I'm so proud of him but more thankful to the Lord for allowing him to pass. My husband has done everything they have asked him to do but we are still waiting.

I am doing okay. Nothing new (in my opinion) but doing as much as I can for housework. I am not going to a place for therapy so it's all at our apartment. Trying things and working on doing what is needed. I'm thankful I have gone from having no feeling on right side to having some feeling with times that what I feel on right side feels the same. I still have hyper-sensitive areas and lots of pain but I push forward. Strokes have different levels of recovery and I have to remind myself. I do have days of sadness because I am still broken. However, I keep going after a small break. I will keep going and I thank the Lord for everyday He allows me to be here with my family and friends.

God bless you all!

“The LORD bless you and keep you;
 The LORD make His face shine upon you,
      And be gracious to you;
  The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”
Numbers 6:24-26



6 comments:

Mining for Diamonds said...

Just dropping by to say hi...I've been out of touch with my bloggy friends and have been meaning to catch up for ages. I can really understand how sucky it is to be stuck in the waiting time. Yuck! But God uses it, even though it is UNfun. Praying you receive God's perfect answers in His perfect time!

Leah Stirewalt said...

Oh sweet Sara! You are on my heart and in my prayers quite often! I know these times of "waiting" are excrutiating at times, but you do it with such GRACE. I am so proud of you. I know that doesn't give you the answers you're waiting for...but, I still wanted you to know that!

child of God said...

Hi Sara,
Sometimes things just take time. You know that old saying, patience is a virtue.

Keep pressing on hon, I'm still praying! :)

<><

Miss Hillbilly said...

Nice to hear from you. I hope the military hurries with their answer so that you can move on without this worry!

Linda Cooper said...

Good to hear about the improved sensation, and wow.. speedy hubby! Good for him for doing so well on his testing.

You are developing your own rehab system.. "apartment therapy", and it is custom made just for you! Keep working hard and enjoying the blessings of your lovely little family!

Linda

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Sara~ so happy:) for your hubby:)~ and it sounds like God has everything under control! Yeah~HE Does! You keep your FAITH! and God will continue to give you the strength that U need!:) Happy:) November, and Happy:) Wednesday!