Friday, April 15, 2011

Saying Hi!

We've had a busy week and I have not been around as much as I would of liked.
Monday was daughters dentist appointment. When we didn't have money or insurance things got put off, my own and hers. So this was her first visit and such a trooper. She likes her dentist but was a sad day for me because she has to have major work done. We think we know her hurts and issues but we don't. She doesn't tell me much. She has some bad teeth and luckily they are almost all baby teeth but she has 4 weeks of stuff to be done. Why didn't I know? Having a stroke I don't get to be the mommy I want to be but she is strong and hugs me. helps me, says "Yes Ma'am" when I ask her to do something and tells me she loves me often.
Yesterday was very challenging. The most I have been out and about in a long time. In the morning went to bible study for our last lesson of Jeremiah and get our books for the next 3 weeks to study Lamentations. Of course, my throat and I had a battle and I had to clean up. Luckily made it to a bathroom quickly but I was embarrassed. However, the day went on and I stayed the whole time. Then I had a Neurologist appointment in the afternoon. I was already getting tired after walking, doing stairs, down and up and back down again to leave. I had a good appointment. He was amazed and impressed with my progress. He didn't think I would progress after seeing me in August, but I did and I have God to thank for any progressing I do have at any time.
Right now the doctor wants me to keep on doing what I am doing.
Today, still sore from yesterday, I had therapy evaluation for this session of 2 months. My occupational therapist (OT) was thrilled to see my range of motion with my right arm. Even while I have tightened muscle I still am almost where my left side can reach/do including my right leg. My OT would really like me to use muscle relaxers but my doctor would rather me not unless I really feel the need. I'm on the fence between the too. We know I have some major tones going on but we will stretch and keep working on them.
Was a good visit and I will go twice a week to work some more. More steps today but I made it. So in two days 14 steps for a total of 6 sets = sore leg and foot = increase progression later.
I thank the Lord for all I am allowed to do and He will help do the rest.

"In God is my salvation and my glory;
         The rock of my strength,
         
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
         Pour out your heart before Him;
         God
is a refuge for us.  Selah"
Psalm 62:7-8


3 comments:

Clint said...

My heart goes out to you. I said a prayer that you will fully recover and prosper. God bless.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Thank you for keeping us updated. And don't feel so bad about your daughter. She probably didn't notice them as much as you think.

It is good that you get to go to Bible Study. I am jealous about that!

Sara G said...

@Clint - Thank you, means a lot to me. God bless you and keep you.

@Tonya - I think about you often my friend. She tells me that "they don't hurt that much" and just thrilled to get them fixed now.
Wish I could bring the Bible Study to you :) One of my visions, to be able to have home Bible study for those that can't always get out. We will see. Love you and have a great weekend!